Parking barrier PS Platinum - Up to 4.0 m
Barriers of parking areas and in car parks have to open respectively close quickly and must be of robust construction. The parking barrier PS offers a solid steel chassis and fast opening speeds, optionally 1.9 seconds for 3 m or 2.8 seconds for 4 m length. Moreover, it fits optically ideal to the parking management system Platinum.
The housing of the parking barrier PS Platinum
The basis for the parking barrier PS Platinum is a particularly stable, galvanized steel chassis. The side panels are made of aluminum and can be easily replaced. The shape and design adapt perfectly to the Platinum Modular parking management system. Despite the robust design, the barrier, including the boom, weighs only 70 kg, making it easy to transport and install. The side panels of the housing are powder coated in signal white (RAL 9003) and the hood is in the color traffic grey A (RAL 7042). Various other RAL colours or DB shades are available on request.
Barrier boom and movement
The boom of the parking barrier consists of a rectangular aluminium profile with a thickness of 18 mm and a height of 100 mm. The underside of the boom is equipped with a rubber padding, which prevents accidental damage to vehicle parts and prevents accidents. The barrier boom is painted in traffic white (RAL 9016) and red-reflective 3M special strips are attached on both sides, ensuring safe detection of the barrier.
The barrier has an electromechanical drive with jerk-free motion. The movement has a sine wave-form and thus starts slowly, then accelerates and also slowly drives back into the final position. Both end positions also have an internal mechanical locking. The barrier does not require a counterweight, a impact fork or a pendulum support, which are usually still needed by many other suppliers. By loosening an integrated slip clutch, the barrier can be easily placed in an open position and thus guarantees that even in the event of a power outage, the parking area can be left. Opening speed varies from 1.5 seconds at a barrier bomm Length of 2.5 m to 3 seconds at 4 m in length.
Control concept of the parking barrier PS Platinum
The control concept for the parking barrier PS Platinum is available in two variants. In the LB variant, the barrier is operated via an engine reversing contactor, which ensures a classic gatekeeper operation. In the LCF concept, the barrier is controlled by a microprocessor control system with a frequency converter. This allows both the gentle start-up and the soft-stop to be driven at adjustable speeds. In addition, the control can be equipped with a 2-channel loop detector. In this version, the system is suitable for connecting to 230 V single-phase powersupplies as well as for operating at 400 V triphase powersupplies.
Modular housing design
A particularly stable galvanized steel chassis equipped with easily replaceable side parts made of Aluminium forms the base. Form and design are suitable for the parking management system Platinum Modular.
Standard colour of the housing:
- Side parts: RAL 9003 (signal white)
- Cover: RAL 7042 (traffic grey A)
- RAL colours and DB colours on request.
- approx. 75 kg
- Rectangular aluminium profile (100 x 18 mm) incl. rubber-padded lower edge
- RAL 9016 (traffic white)
- 3M special highly visible reflecting red coloured stripes on both sides of the barrier boom
- Electromechanical drive, smooth movement
(Sinusoidal curve: implies a slow start, slow accelleration and slow movement to final position)
- Internal mechanical locking of the barrier boom in respective final position
- No counterweight, end-steady or pendulum support needed compared to many other suppliers.
- Protection of area even in case of power failure. If the sliding clutch is released the barrier boom can easily be raised.
- Variable opening speed: 1.5 sec. for 2.5 m up to 2.8 sec. for 4 m
- Electromechanical drive, smooth movement
Control concept LB/LCF
- Motor protection switch (classic doorman operation)
- Micro processor control including frequency converter
- Soft start and stop including adaptable speed
- Slot for loop detector or radio receiver
- suitable for supply systems of 230 V AC or 400 V DC
- Self-monitoring end-steady
- articulated boom
- Labelling / sticker on barrier housing: "Warning! Barrier closes automatically after each vehicle."